Caistor Methodist Church
Minister: Rev. Sarah Parkin
Caistor Methodist Church is a growing community of young families, teenagers, and adults of all ages. We worship together, we eat together, we support and encourage one another and everyone who joins us. We aim to be inclusive as we serve God in our town.
We are associated with Caistor Primary School . As a C of E and Methodist School, all have worked hard to develop a Christian character, valuing tolerance, diversity, mutal respect, honesty and empathy. We believe that they are outstanding at meeting the needs of all learners - developing a moral foundation and trying to ensure that they care, share and learn together. We are proud to be their partners in this endeavour!
- We are currently experimenting with different patterns of services. The first Sunday of the month has either an All-Age service at 10.15am or Express Plus (also for all ages) at 4.30pm. On the 4th Sunday at 10.15am there is a service of Prayer and Praise. On the 2nd, 3rd and 5th Sundays the 10.15 service tends to be more traditional.
- Express: weekly, Sunday at 4:30pm (except 1st Sunday of the month and school holidays). A short time of worship aimed at being accessible to all, followed by a meal together.
There is Midweek Communion on the 1st Thursday of the month at 9:30am, and an Evening Worship service at 6:00pm on the 3rd Sunday of every month in the Wesley Room.
Sunday School or FROG (Fully Rely On God) is available for children and young people at 10:15am (except August) unless there is an all-age service.
The monthly evening worship service can take a variety of forms, including Café Worship, Modern Praise and more traditional styles.
This Month's Services
- WEEK ONE: 10:15AM All Age Worship, 2:30PM @ Nettleton
- WEEK TWO: 10:15AM Parkin, 4:30PM Express
- WEEK THREE: 10:45AM @ North Kelsey, 4:30PM Express, 6:00PM United @ Parish Church (Carol Service)
- WEEK FOUR: 10:15AM Hardcastle
- WEEK FIVE: 10:15AM Parkin
- CHRISTMAS EVE 4:30PM DIY Nativity, 11:30PM Parkin HC
- CHRISTMAS DAY 10:15AM Parkin
HC= Holy Communion
Social and Community Life
We have a variety of Social gatherings available. Groups that meet include:
- The Rambling with God Group. – [No walking involved just verbal rambling] – meets 2nd and 4th Tuesday evenings of the month. (contact Bridget Andrew 01652 628586)
- Thursday Group. – Meets Fortnightly at 2:00pm (contact Yvonne Woolston 01472 852337)
- Men’s Group. – (contact Paul Collins 07843 755002)
- Knitting and Reflection. – alternate Tuesdays 10am to 12pm in the Heritage Centre. (contact Babs Fraser 01472 851616)
- Night Prayer. – Wednesdays at 9pm. (contact Paul Collins 07843 755002)
- Luncheon Club for over 60s. – Alternate Wednesdays. (contact Rev Sarah Parkin 01472 851287)
- "Hullabaloo" - Pre-school Music Group. – [Monday mornings during Term Time] - (contact Maura Cook 07843 755002)
We also pride ourselves on providing Local Community Groups with a place to call home. Presently our premises are used by The Caistor Male Voice Choir, an Art Class and an Embroidery Class, Music Groups, Venture Scouts and Brownies.
If you are interested in making us the home of your group then please contact our Bookings Officer, Kathy Flint on 01472 851606.
We are also happy to note that the Youth Club , for year 3 (7/8 year olds) and above, now meets each Wednesday evening in term time ( 6:00PM - 7:15PM in the Church Hall). We are grateful to one of the Circuit Youth Workers – Charlie Watkinson – and local volunteers for leading this. A lively and enthusiastic bunch of young people enjoy games (with and without modern technology!), crafts and time to “chill out” followed by a short optional discussion time. If you know young people in the Caistor area, do encourage them to come and try it out.