|"And now these three remain faith, hope and love.
But the greatest of these is love."
1 Corinthians 13: 13 (NIV)
Our mission statement is deliberately not a neatly tied up description of what we do as followers of Jesus. It is our definition of what it means to be a disciple and as none of us are the same, we are unique according to how God made us and we encounter and experience his Holy Spirit differently, so too we work out our discipleship in distinctive ways.
The guiding thought behind the statement is; ‘what does this mean for you, today?’ In order to help people think through what it means we have added the following.When we commit to this we mean:
- LIVING BY FAITH (the spiritual nature of being a Christian)
- Declaring belief in Jesus Christ
- Living by that belief
- BEING KNOW BY LOVE (what I do and how I do it)
- Being welcoming and inclusive
- By engaging with our community
- BEING A VOICE OF HOPE (our role in the world – our area, nationally & globally)
- By playing our part in transforming the world
- Knowing that God can do all things in his time.
Pause For Thought
We know how hectic and often frustrating everyone's life can be. In the mad rush of our lives we often do not sit down, relax, think about what matters to us and others, and spend time with God. The best way is to find some quiet time and talk / write to God, or read / look at something inspirational. So in order to help you - we have a section of the site dedicated to giving you something to think about while you do just that.
Click HERE to go to our Pause For Thought area ...